Tuesday 25 June 2019

I laughed so loudly!

I laughed so loudly last week - you know the sort of laugh that emerges from realising something very obvious?!

I knew my book, 'Can’t see the wood for the trees', was written for people who are stuck to support them to get back on track.

I knew the book helped people when stressed to access a more resourceful mindset - exams being one such area I know it’s helped a lot recently.

I hadn’t appreciated until then, of course, also helps people who are facing what I was when I wrote the book - menopause!

The BBC breakfast programme featured the menopause last month, and it was said that it can be a very creative time for women.

Then it hit me - that’s when the book finally got written.

Then I laughed, very loudly and only as you know I can, because I wonder - did this version of the book I’d been wanting to write for years get written because I needed the advice. Did the chapters emerge out of that need?

At that time I could certainly resonate with:
  • Can’t see the wood for the trees
  • Stuck in a rut
  • Going round in circles
  • Up the creek without a paddle
  • Out on a limb
  • Missed the tide
  • Treading water
  • Like a fish out of water
We live and learn, and I will think very carefully about the subject for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment