Tuesday 14 April 2020

Look up to the sky


Look up to the sky and what do you see - my first vlog in a wetsuit from the garden! I heard Astronaut Ron Garan interview with One Young World yesterday where he spoke of using ‘planet’ not ‘globe’ to describe this wonderful place we all call home. Which then translates well known phrases into a ‘planetary pandemic’ or ‘planetary warming’ which feels different don’t you think? I’m sure this insight was at the back of my mind as I headed to my garden in my wetsuit this morning (as the RNLI have asked us not to swim). Look up to the sky and what do you see? Does the sky look different between all our viewpoints? Do the noisy birds flying through it’s many layers judge one part of it to another? Is one part of the sky more or less important than another? Are we the sky? Are we all parts of it? And perhaps because I joined David Whyte session this weekend on the courage of poetry I’ll end with a poem (of sorts). The sky Surrounding the whole planet Holding us safely within its embrace Trusting us with a precious gift A planet With riches and beauty For us to hold and treasure within our own embrace, and Use the trust wisely. hashtag

No comments:

Post a Comment