Many of the antidotes used in Landscaping Your Life to help us get back on track involve changing the internal representation we have for a situation - here I'm wondering if the solution will be found by only using one colour in that representation?
To explore this further:
- Pick a situation you'd like more insight on - perhaps one that's making you quite agitated or anxious
- Notice how you're feeling, and on a scale of 1-10 identify how satisfied you are
- Think of a landscape that could represent the situation (don't worry about understanding the logic, just go with the first landscape that comes to mind).
- Change the landscape to one similarly coloured to the picture above
- Has the feeling associated with the landscape changed?
- Has the level of satisfaction increased or reduced?
- What changes may you want to make to the colouring - different colour, more colours, better focus or less and so on
- Once you've made any final tweaks spend some time imagining the resulting image
- Think of the original situation - how satisfied do you now feel about situation
- What action may you wish to take to help resolve this situation?