The book uses nature as our coach, nature's landscapes as metaphors for our lives and in particular explores the solutions for when we're metaphorically up the creek with a paddle, stuck in a rut, out on a limb, feel like a fish out of water, are going round in circles or can't see the wood for the trees.
The book is written more as a dip in and out of reference manual - somewhere you go to when you're unsure what to do or want a different perspective. One reviewer on Amazon described the book as a first aid kit for the brain :-) when it had moved her from panic and overwhelm into calm and collected.
The book shares many of the different LYL tools and techniques and applies them to very specific situations where we're stuck, lost, or unsure what to do. Posts written in 2018 sharing some of the concepts from the book included:
- Getting your head above the parapet (my favourite)
- Life got in the way
- Getting on the same page as someone
- What to do when you've exhausted the low hanging fruit
- How to use nature to help you turn a corner in your life
- Planning for success for 2019 - notes from a workshop earlier in December using nature as our coach
- No pain no gain - how the language we used can cause the very problems we're tying to avoid
2018 was also the year that LYL became very active on Instagram so you'll find many more examples of how to use nature as your coach there - see #landscapingyourlife.
The review of the Purchasing Coach's blogging year for 2018 shares posts written on my other main passions of: procurement, soft skills, self awareness and coaching.
Here's to a fabulous 2019.
Landscaping Your Life using nature as your coach to get back on track