Wednesday 19 September 2018

Weird or insightful?

"Alison you're introducing us to a way of thinking we've not considered before" said one interviewer.

For over 20 years I've used nature as our coach and, since nature has no words, I've used her landscapes as metaphors for our lives. I called the process Landscaping Your Life.

This blog is awash with examples of how I've used the process myself, with coaching clients, and even with leadership teams. So too my YouTube channel and more recently Instagram.

Clients that know me expect the unexpected and unconventional - they also trust that I only introduce these tools because they're effective. Whether that's to solve problems, develop a vision, or simply obtain a different perspective to a situation.

As with any process people haven't used before, it can feel weird.

Recent interviews about my book Can't see the wood for the trees have led me to discuss the book with people who have never met me, never used the process and it's opened my eyes to a how insightful and different a process it is.

I've brought the very practical, logical and analysis skills that are me at my core. I've added the behavioural and language skills that I developed a little later in life to this, and then the final ingredient is the magic of metaphor and nature. That special ingredient indigenous cultures have known for millennia.

I'm so very excited that tomorrow, those in the UK, join those in America and Australia in being able to buy the book. I hope that the logic, language and magic contained within it helps you to achieve what you want in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment