Tuesday 19 November 2019

Mind or body. Which do you listen to most often?



Mind or body. Which do you listen to most often?

I was on a retreat a couple of weeks ago. My mind was not calling the shots of constant busyness, emails, and much more.

My body had nutritious food, daily exercise, stretching, massages, and rest. Oh, and sun, sea, and fresh air too.

No to-do list, no emails and not even any business planning or development for the mind to be distracted by.

Since coming home, I’ve made a commitment to not allow my mind to ignore the very structure upon which it depends. No skipped meals because I’m busy; no rushing straight into the office before I’ve even given my body some movement; and no mindless shoving food in between one activity and the next and calling that a meal!

So, do you listen to your mind or to your body?

No comments:

Post a Comment