Helitropism is the 'diurnal (daily) motion or seasonal motion of plant parts in response to the direction of the sun'.
If we use nature to inspire change how might this characteristic in nature be offering a solution to a challenge you're facing in your life at the moment?
Before I share my thoughts do take some time to consider how this metaphor might offer a solution for you?
Solutions in life suggested by the metaphor of helitropism might include:
- Focus on the positive not the negative
- Focus on what gives you energy not drains it
- Embrace change - ie you can't stay static for long
- Decide whether the change needed is daily, or seasonally
- Not all change is obvious in the moment - ie very small incremental changes can add up to a larger change
- Change of this nature is effortless and natural
- If you're not sure what to do look to others, and notice what they're doing (I can however personally feel the resistance to doing what everyone else is doing :-))
I'd love to hear your insights gleaned from this aspect of nature when applied to our lives.
Landscaping Your Life
Using nature to inspire change inside and out