Landscape Your Life in 2019
Tuesday, 26 March 2019
Saturday, 23 March 2019
I'm hoping that you will agree that, so far as Brexit is concerned, you might be willing to try even the most unconventional of tools?
Logic is great at finding a solution so long as you can agree on the evidence and find a consensus on the best way forward. With Brexit, unfortunately, we’re getting very polarised views and, there in lies the issue, never shall the North and South Pole meet.
Logic regarding Brexit means:
- “I’m right and you’re most definitely wrong”
- “That won’t work”
- “We can’t do that”
- “This was never going to work”
- "You must be mad"
- and more.
I suppose the key here is understanding whether we're really out on a limb, or if we have an option to come back from the edge and reevaluate the best means of getting where we want to go to.
The aim of using metaphor in this way is to allow our unconscious to nudge us to notice something we hadn't noticed thus far. Something that enables us to understand alternate options that exist - alternate options that allow us to venture away from the cold inaccessible poles and meet all parties somewhere in-between.
Wishing all involved in Brexit the insight needed to get back on track, to understand what's needed to walk away from the creeks, and ruts, and finally be able to see the wood for the trees.
Landscaping your life to get back on track
Author of Can't see the wood for the trees - landscaping your life to get back on track available from all online stockists - more here.
Friday, 15 March 2019
Wednesday, 13 March 2019
- What signs of new growth are you noticing?
- Could you look more closely to notice the changes rather than just see more of the same?
- Are the conditions right for your project?
- What conditions would be more favourable?
- How can you be patient and wait for those conditions?
- How grounded do you feel?
- How could you become more grounded?
- Or perhaps it’s about not hanging on too tightly - how could you release control over the outcome of the current situation - to be more like the flexible branches swaying than the solid roots?
- Or vice versa?
- Or perhaps it’s about ‘dissolving’ the haze or ‘blowing it away’. Remember there won’t just be one means of doing that (here wind, sun, water temperature all impact how quickly the haze disappears). If you look at all 360 degrees of the situation it doesn’t all have mist/haze.
- Can you focus on where there is clarity as you wait for the mist to leave other aspects of the situation?
Thursday, 7 March 2019
The song invites us to think about how we measure a year i.e. those five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes – with suggestions for measures such as sunrises, sunsets, laughter, tears, cups of coffee or the ultimate - love?
No swims mentioned though - even if that's about the only thing I do measure (111/7/2 being my all time/this year/this month's tally since recently starting open water swimming again)!
With World Book Day fast approaching, my mind wandered to thinking about how we measure the books we read?
Do we measure our books like minutes in simple numbers – one book a month, 12 a year, or do we measure them by the impact they’ve had? Perhaps one book a year being sufficient if it’s met our needs over that time?
Alison@alisonsmith.eu +44(0)7770 538159
My mind, body and soul classified book, Can’t see the wood for the trees, is written for those times when your mind is unsure what to do. You may be feeling lost, and confused. Yet you are able to describe the situation, even if in terms such as:
- Can't see the wood for the trees, or
- Being stuck in a rut,
- Going round in circles,
- Being out on a limb
- Feeling like a fish out of water
- Being up a creek without a paddle, or even
- Treading water.
As we allow nature to be our coach, nature’s landscapes to be metaphors for our lives, the solutions can really be found in the woods, creeks, ruts and circles of our imagination.
To find out more, why not treat yourself to this feast for mind, body and soul and help yourself to get back on track now, or at any time in the future when options are eluding you and logic isn't helping much. It's certainly a book best read at the time of need - dipping into the chapter that resonates in that moment to provide insight to get you back on track. #LandscapingYourLife